[LON-CAPA-admin] Not connected to network

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Sep 3 00:19:49 EDT 2014

Richard,

I would agree that the LON-CAPA server for the purdue domain is
currently unable to connect to other LON-CAPA servers in the network.

What is currently in /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf for the two PerlVars
loncAllowInsecure and londAllowInsecure ?

Looking at debug information in /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonc.log on
s12.lite.msu.edu I am seeing:

[Tue Sep  2 21:33:43 2014: Connected to loncapa.purdue.edu] Created
connection 1 to host loncapa.purdue.edu
LondWritable State = Connected host = loncapa.purdue.edu
LondWritable State = Initialized host = loncapa.purdue.edu
LondReadable host = loncapa.purdue.edu
LondReadable called state = Initialized host = loncapa.purdue.edu
Readable returned: 0 host = loncapa.purdue.edu
After read, state is Initialized host = loncapa.purdue.edu
LondReadable called state = Initialized host = loncapa.purdue.edu
[Tue Sep  2 21:33:43 2014: Connected to loncapa.purdue.edu]
Socket->Readable returned: -1 host = loncapa.purdue.edu
[Tue Sep  2 21:33:43 2014: Connected to loncapa.purdue.edu] <font
color='blue'>WARNING: Lond connection lost.</font>

when connecting from s12.lite.msu.edu (the msudemo domain server).

The transaction request which is failing is the init command:

TransactionRequest -> init:ssl:'2.11.0-2014063012'
TransactionReply -> refused

Could you check lond.log in /home/httpd/perl/logs for messages such as:

connection type = client </font>"

or

 >init:ssl:'2.11.0-2014063012'< </font>

or