[LON-CAPA-admin] Not connected to network

Lucas, Richard clucas at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 2 17:14:54 EDT 2014

I received a complaint that faculty are unable to browse resources in other institutions. As far as I can tell our LON-CAPA instance is not connected to anyone else. I see a lot of connection messages with "CRITICAL: Failed to make a connection with lond." and then followed shortly after with "WARNING: Failing transaction sethost" messages for host connections in the lonc.log. However, I'm not sure what that means or even if it's related. Any pointers on what I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Richard