[LON-CAPA-admin] Centos Networking Issue

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 24 17:40:07 EST 2014

I’m poking around to see if anyone has heard of networking problems with
Centos 6.

The local experts recently did something to the routers to combine subnets.

At the same time that kicked in, the two machines I have on Centos 6 (the
rest are on 5) stopped working.

I’ve been through the machine with one of our sys admins and we can’t figure
it out. We can ping in and out locally by number, but the DNS access seems to
be dysfunctional.

These machines are ‘special’ in that they are running Centos 6 and they had
a minimal install at the beginning, with LON-CAPA built on top.

My only question is whether anyone has run into this before with Centos 6.
I was a bit surprised that bind-utils were not installed as part of the minimal install.
I was curious if something else may have not been installed with 6 as well.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701