[LON-CAPA-admin] yum update failed for Centos 7

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Nov 17 19:11:56 EST 2014

Hi Bob,

> If looks like the yum environment variable $relreasever resolves to '7.0'.

Thanks for reporting this.

CentOS 7 was still in beta when LON-CAPA 2.11.0 was released, and at
that time the yum.conf I provided was reporting a $releasever of 7.

Anyway I have updated the value for distroverpkg in the
centos7_loncapa_yum.conf file available from
http://install.loncapa.org so that CentOS 7.0 will now report a
$releasever of 7.

> I modified the conf file manually to point to the right path and it looks
> like it ran fine.

I would recommend either (a) downloading the updated yum.conf file again:

wget -O /etc/yum.conf
http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/7/centos7_loncapa_yum.conf

or (b) modifying your yum.conf file by reversing the changes you made,
i.e., reinstate use of $releasever (in place of 7.0) in yum.conf, but
then replacing:

distroverpkg=redhat-release

with

distroverpkg=centos-release

in your existing file.

> Is there anything else that I need to do?

No.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium