[LON-CAPA-admin] Install error

Lucas, Richard clucas at purdue.edu
Fri May 2 15:42:26 EDT 2014

Actually I figured it out. When the install.pl script downloads and untars it, it preserves ownership of when it was created. Hence it was owned by 500:admin (admin is the 500 group on my system). After I chowned everything to an actual user I got past this. You may want to edit the install.pl to either chown everything to www:www after it untars it.

Now it's failed further along trying to run "install -d ""/home/httpd/html/lon-status" because /home/httpd doesn't exist. I assumed that since there was nothing in the docs about creating these directories it would do it automatically. However it now appears as though they need to be there beforehand. Can you tell me what that directory structure should look like so I don't hit this again after creating /home/httpd/html?

Thanks,
Richard