[LON-CAPA-admin] Shibboleth

Christian Knieling knieling at kit.edu
Mon Jan 20 11:02:04 EST 2014

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to run LON-CAPA (v2.11 CVS-HEAD) authentication against a
Shibboleth-service. The authentication just works fine. I've trouble
getting the appropiate user details for the account creation process.

As far as I know the Shibboleth identity provider can dictate what
information of the user details will be revealed to the service provider
(here my LON-CAPA standalone machine).

I've got told that my machine will get (besides some other information)
those three attributes: sn, givenName, mail

>From some other experience with Shiobboleth and PHP I know that those
information should be accessible as environment variables of the web
session.

Now, how is it implemented in LON-CAPA to get these information. Is
there a LDAP service needed for searching those attributes or can I
somehow read those environment variables and use their content for the
account creation process?

Some pointers into the right direction would be great.

Thanks,
Christian