[LON-CAPA-admin] more PCI compliance

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Jan 28 09:22:41 EST 2013

Hi,

On Jan 28, 2013, at 8:40 AM, "Lucas, Mark" <lucasm at ohio.edu> wrote:

> Hmmm  ... that could solve the budget woes!   10 tries or 10 cents to get a
> green box - we'd be rich :)

Yes, I could kick myself. In 13 years, we had 74 million homework problems served. Assuming that 90% of the students would buy a green box instead of going through the trouble of learning anything, that would have been about 6.5 million dollars, or an annual budget of about 500,000 dollars.

But no sense crying over spilled milk. Now that we are PCI compliant, that business opportunity is open, and we can take advantage of it.

- Gerd.