[LON-CAPA-admin] Is it possible to change the Course Title and or the start and end date of a course

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Aug 1 17:40:40 EDT 2013

Hi,

> I created a course but I gave it the incorrect Course Title under
> the Course Information section on the Course Creation screen.
> Is there a way to modify the course title?
> Also, just for the sake of curiosity can we also modify the end date
>  of the course?

Select a Course Coordinator role in the course and use:

Main Menu -> Modify course configuration -> Click Display ("General
course settings" checked).

In the "Course Description" row enter the updated course title and
click the "Save changes" button.

As regards the "end date of the course" ...

LON-CAPA courses do not really have a specific end date, although the
end of a course typically coincides with the date/time student roles
cease to be active.

You can change the default end date for student access via;

Main Menu -> Modify course configuration -> Click Display ("Classlists
and Staff Listing" checked).

Then set "End date" in "Default dates for student access" and click
"Save Changes".

If there are existing student roles in the course, and yoou wish to
change dates for those students use;

Main Menu -> Manage course users -> List and Modify Multiple Course Users
+ Click "Display List of Users"

to display a classlist, and then check checkboxes for any for whom the
end date is to be changed.  Choose an action in the "Action to take
for selected users" box (e.g., Change starting/ending dates), and
click the "Proceed" button.

Note if you have a Domain Coordinator role in the ou domain, but not a
Course Coordinator role in the course you wish to modify you can click
the "Select Course/Community" link in:

Ad hoc roles in domain ou -- Coordinator: Select Course/Community
on your roles screen, and search for the particular course in the
pop-up window.
Click "Select" for the appropriate course in the pop-up window search
results, and you will be passed back to the main window with a Course
Coordinator role in the selected course.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium