[LON-CAPA-admin] login problems

hkng hkng at fsu.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:35:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

Some users in the fsu domain have problems login in to lon-capa. What
happens is they login in to loncapa.fsu.edu which is configured to be the
lonbalancer so their sessions get transferred to one of the other servers
but the other server throws the session back to
loncapa.fsu.edu/adm/loginpage. Checking their activity logs all the
failures came from *.
mycingular.net. My suspicion is there is some default security settings
that prevents logins to be directed to another server but since I don't
have access to **mycingular.net provider I haven't being able to determine
what caused the failure. The same group of students can login if the
service provider is someone else.

Has anyone seen this behaviour and if so, how should it be fixed?

Thanks,
-hk