[LON-CAPA-admin] Dealio browser bar doesn't play nicely?

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:01:22 EDT 2011

I've had two students with similar access issues. One had problems crop up late this
summer, the other had problems crop up now.

Firefox  and internet explorer both exhibit the problem. The error message is
Oops! This page appears broken - DNS server can't be found. This happens after the
LON-CAPA screen flashes up for about a second.

It looks like this is an issue with the DealIO browser bar addon. The error message
is given by the DealIO add-on as far as I can tell. Disabling this add-on under Firefox
allowed the browser to access LON-CAPA again. Disabling this add-on under Explorer
did the same.

Has anyone else found this problem?

Does anyone know the specifics of why it complains?

Thanks!
Mark

--
Mark Lucas  email: lucasm at ohiou.edu<mailto:lucasm at ohiou.edu>
252D Clippinger Lab phone: (740)597-2984