[LON-CAPA-admin] LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-20: perl-Tree dependency

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue May 31 09:01:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-20 (created March 14) will be used for 2.10.0.

The rpms for perl-Tree and its dependencies have been now been moved
from the noarch are in the testing repos to the corresponding area in
the production repos for CentOS 5.

It looks as though this was the only distro for which that was
overlooked in the migrations completed from testing to production on
5/29 and 5/30 in advance of the 2.10.0 release.

yum update should now work successfully for CentOS 5.

> Is this package really meant to be for production servers? Is there
> something else than the Wishlist which needs perl-Tree?

The dependency on perl-Tree (needed for Wishlist) was added to
LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-19 on July 12 and has been in the testing
repos since then.

Although Wishlist is *not* included in LON-CAPA 2.10.0 (hence
perl-Tree is not used at this time), the dependencies added in
LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-20 are needed for 2.10.0.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group