[LON-CAPA-admin] changes to my domain

Robert F Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Fri May 20 13:19:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

I’d like to add a lonBalancer machine to my domain.    When this happens it
would be nice to make the lonBalancer machine have the name
loncapa.chem.binghamton.edu.  Right now, that name is used by my library
server.    I thought that I’d keep the library server’s ip address the same
as it currently is and just change its name and then use the name on the
lonBalancer machine.    Is this reasonable?    Name changes on the DNS
server are no problem since I maintain that for the chemistry subnet.   Who
do I notify at loncapa of the address and name changes and additions?

Thanks

Bob Gonzales

Chemistry Dept

Binghamton University