[LON-CAPA-admin] loncapa yum repos on scientific linux 6.1

raeburn at msu.edu raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Aug 29 23:07:10 EDT 2011

Hi,

The files in the repodata directories in the scientific/loncapa/6
directory on the LON-CAPA installation site
(http://install.loncapa.org) were outdated. I have now updated them,
so LON-CAPA's Scientific Linux 6.1 repos will now be usable.

The following command:

yum clean all

followed by:

yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

should allow you to install the packages needed by LON-CAPA, and
proceed with installation on Scientific Linux 6.1

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium

Quoting Phil Fazio <phil.fazio at gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> Trying to get a machine set up running 64-bit Scientific Linux 6.1.
> While I can add the appropriate yum repositories, they appear to be
> empty, and thus I cannot install LONCAPA-prerequisites.  Cleaning
yum
> and specifically enabling the LON-CAPA repos make no difference.
Any