[LON-CAPA-admin] will not initialize role

James Mueller mueller at pitt.edu
Fri Mar 12 14:54:52 EST 2010

This year, I have had a lot of instructors complaining that they log
into our loncapa server but when they select a role (course
coordinator, instructor, etc) for their course, it is unable to
initialize the role.  I have occasionally noticed this myself this
term.  Sometimes, if I select a role from a previous course and then
logout and login again it is fine.  Sometimes I just go away and get a
cup of coffee and later it is fine.  Sometimes I just say the hell
with it and reboot the server.  Of course, now that it is behind a
firewall, I have to be physically present to do that.  As you can tell
from this, it is an intermittent problem and solutions are not
reproducible.  Has anybody seen anything like his before?

We are running 2.8.1

-Jim