[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA Version 2.9.1

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Tue Dec 7 09:36:19 EST 2010

Hi,

This is my humble opinion: we are supporting quite a number of different distributions.

Different system administrators have preferences for different Linux distributions, likely because they have the most expertise in using a particular one. On the long run, I believe it would be the most sustainable (and most open-sourcely) solution if system administrators from our community could volunteer to be the official stewards for one distribution or the other. As we approach a release, each volunteer would be responsible for making sure that his or her distribution is supported.

Just a suggestion - what do you think?

- Gerd.