[LON-CAPA-admin] Supported distros

Lars Jensen ljensen at tmcc.edu
Fri Mar 20 11:20:30 EDT 2009

Hi Stuart,

You once mentioned that Ubuntu might be added as a supported lon-capa
distro in the summer/fall. We need to upgrade our OS soon, and I'd
prefer Ubuntu if it is going to be available.

We have been running SUSE 10.2 for the last couple of years, and before
that we ran Fedora. Both of these needs have relative short official
support periods, meaning that one needs to upgrade OS fairly frequently.
Debian/Ubuntu, which I like better also happen to like better, have a
longer duration of support. If Ubuntu is not going to be supported,
which (free) distro is then recommended?

Thanks,
Lars.