[LON-CAPA-admin] Transient disappearance of "Discussion"

Ray Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 8 15:57:25 EDT 2009

I just observed a strange (apparently transient) phenomenon.
For students in a course the "Post Discussion" button and appended
discussions posts, became temporarily hidden.
It is back again now.
However, in the interim, I could identify no environment or resource
parameters etc which might have caused this.
The parameters log show no recent changes to any parameters in the
time-frame of when this started and ceased to occur.

Has anybody seen such a phenomenon or have any ideas about why it might occur?

Ray