[LON-CAPA-admin] Problems with mimetex_valign on 2.8.0 - problem fixed!

loncapa_admin loncapa_admin at johnabbott.qc.ca
Tue Jan 20 16:49:12 EST 2009

Hi again,

I followed through the code a little bit, to try and see where things were going off the rails, and noticed that there was a lookup of a variable $lonhost.  It occured to me that there may be a conflict in one of the lonTabs files.  A quick grep, and I was indeed using the same machine name (johnabbottl1) as what's used for our domain on the eduCog servers.  I'm guessing the lontexconvert routine was trying to open the socket there.

Since we're not  yet in production (and not yet connected to the cluster), it was a quick matter to reinstall LON-CAPA with a new machine name (johnabbottLib1).  Upon restart, mimetex works fine (and I did confirm that it's the stock version of lontexconvert that we're running).

Sorry for the trouble.

Michael Dugdale
Department of Physics
John Abbott College