[LON-CAPA-admin] Action : Invalid Access

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:31:15 EST 2009

Hon Kie,

Thanks for providing me with a student role in your course.
As this bug was only affecting encrypted resources (i.e., those with
"url hidden") in a course, I had not seen it in my earlier testing.

It was an unintended side effect of the fix for bug 1736, which
involved a change in lonmenu.pm which was in 2.7.99.1 but not in
2.7.99.0.

In LON-CAPA 2.7.99.1 the following:

loncom/interface/loncommon.pm rev 1.692.2.11
loncom/html/res/adm/pages/annotator/admannotations.pm rev 1.28.2.2

fix this issue.

The relevant line changes for /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/loncommon.pm

Line 9599:
-    my ($symb) = @_;
+    my ($symb,$delete_enc) = @_;

Line 9563:
-    delete($env{'request.enc'});
+    if ($delete_enc) {
+        delete($env{'request.enc'});
+    }

and /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/admannotations.pm

Lines 181-182:

-    my ($symb_old,$symb_old_enc) =
&Apache::loncommon::clean_symb($env{'form.symbold'});
-    my ($symb_new,$symb_new_enc) =
&Apache::loncommon::clean_symb($env{'form.symbnew'});
+    my ($symb_old,$symb_old_enc) =
&Apache::loncommon::clean_symb($env{'form.symbold'},1);
+    my ($symb_new,$symb_new_enc) =
&Apache::loncommon::clean_symb($env{'form.symbnew'},1);

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group