[LON-CAPA-admin] changing OS

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Mon Aug 31 10:21:56 EDT 2009

Rob,

I would make a solid backup of /home and /etc and do a clean install
of Centos. I can't remember if there is any other place you want to
backup - Stuart or someone else may be able to help here. Restoring /
home takes care of getting your LON-CAPA information back into place.

If /home is on a separate volume, you can opt to not reformat this
volume.

I went to Centos a few years ago from Fedora and have appreciated the
longer lifecycle.

Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701