[LON-CAPA-admin] updating Fedora Core

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Wed Aug 26 22:19:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am afraid it's pretty much hopeless to update from Fedora Core 6 to
Core 10.

You want to back up your /home as well as relevant config files from /
etc elsewhere, and install the machine from scratch. See http://www.lon-capa.org/hardwareupgrade.html
  for a list of relevant files - the instructions themselves are of
course irrelevant, as you are not changing hardware and don't have two
servers running in parallel.

I would recommend to make the jump to CentOS - the Fedora stuff is too
flaky for a server.

- Gerd.