[LON-CAPA-admin] access server questions

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Thu Oct 2 10:49:55 EDT 2008

I've got a new access server in the domain.  I've
been told it is in the cluster tables but it will
take a while to propagate around.  It's been a week
now.  How long does this usually take?

When I log directly into the access server as a
course coordinator and go to edit contents
and go to import, I can see all of the domains but
clicking on a domain doesn't show me any resources,
it just turns the little arrow to point down without
showing anything from that domain.

Likewise, if I log directly into the access  server as
a student I can't see any of the resourses that are not
in my domain.  For a composite page, wherever there is a
non-local resource I have the title of the resource displayed
and the words "Not available" displayed above it.

My computer center has opened the 5663 and 80 for the
IP of the access server, 128.226.130.9, but if someone
would like to confirm that the ports are open for me that
might be helpful.

Any other help would be appreciated, even if you just
tell me to be patient.

Bob Gonzales
Binghamton University
Chemistry Dept