[LON-CAPA-admin] resources not updating on access servers

H.K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Tue Nov 18 09:33:17 EST 2008

I think I deleted everything under /home/httpd/html/res on the
_access_ server - just what you did. The access server will then get
the most up-to-date version. Others may want to chime in on this.

BTW, is your access server ever for a different purpose with
different ip, etc. I vaguely remember when I re-configured a server,
I miss a line in the /etc/hosts file and this caused a number of problems.

At 09:07 AM 11/18/2008, you wrote:
>HK,
>
>There weren't any files in /home/httpd/sockets/delayed/.    How
>did you end up fixing your problem?
>
>I was wondering if this action of not being updated could affect
>the viewing of grades and statistics.  That is to say, could I look at
>at a student's results on an access server that didn't update and
>see one set of grades and then look on the library server and see
>another newer set of grades?

It does affect the total points for a sequence if a resource is on
one server and not the other. Again, I had one of those (or similar)
before! See

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2006-November/001548.html

-hk