[LON-CAPA-admin] Monitoring server load

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Thu May 8 13:28:08 EDT 2008

Scott,

I use mrtg at Ohio University. It will graph any data you can provide it
(not just router data). If you have a utility that spits back two
numbers and a label, it can be run and graphed by mrtg. I use a script
called stat1.2.pl which was written by someone French. I could have just
as easily written something simpler and more specific with a few lines.

We then have a utility which shows the number of active users as well.
The script looks at id files under /home/httpd/lonIds that have been
touched within the last n minutes. If you want pointers to some of my
usage data, let me know and I'll open up access to your domain.

Later,
Mark