[LON-CAPA-admin] LONCAPA-prerequisites: HTML-parser conflicts

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Thu Mar 27 07:29:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I tried to install loncapa on a laptop. I successfully installed Fedora
7 and followed the steps in the installation guide. No errors, etc.

The installing process of LONCAPA-prerequisites is stopped due to the
following error:
--------
Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/man/man3/HTML::Entities.3pm.gz from install of
perl-HTML-Parser_loncapa-3.56-1.0.fc7.lc conflicts with file from
package perl-HTML-Parser-loncapa-3.56-1.fc7
--------

I remember that there has been such a conflict before but the only thing
I could find is
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2006-November/001564.html

Do I need to remove manually the stand HTML-parser package? And if, why?

Any idea?

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz