[LON-CAPA-admin] lonsql_errors file

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Mar 14 11:28:47 EDT 2008

Jon,

Something is amiss if you're seeing a lonsql_errors file of several Gb.
What does tail -100 /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonsql_errors show?

Apparently errors are being logged when
/home/httpd/perl/parse_activity_log.pl is run. Of course errors are most
likely being logged at other times too.

parse_activity_log.pl is run by the lonsql daemon when a student's activity
in LON-CAPA is displayed by a Course Coordinator using adm/trackstudent
(called via the "View recent activity by this student" link a User's
information page displayed to a CC in a course in which the student is
enrolled).

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group