[LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora core 8

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Mar 11 20:49:30 EDT 2008

Hi

I don't expect there to be any difference between the rpm built for Fedora
7: perl-DateTime-0.41-1.0.fc7.lc and the rpm for Fedora 8:
perl-DateTime-0.41-1.fc8

In Fedora 8, an rpm for perl-DateTime (perl-DateTime-0.41-1.fc8.i386.rpm) is
available from the standard Fedora repository, so one did not need to be
built and added to the LON-CAPA respository for this particular distro.

Apparently, the update process from Fedora 7 to Fedora 8 did not
automatically update perl-DateTime-0.41-1.0.fc7.lc to
perl-DateTime-0.41-1.fc8.i386.rpm.

You could remove the fc7 one:

yum remove perl-DateTime

and then re-install it

yum install perl-DateTime

I expect the removal step will also require removal of the
LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm (as it requires perl-DateTime), so you should also
re-install this if you did remove it.

yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group