[LON-CAPA-admin] Problem possibly involving "multiple attempts"?

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Jun 23 13:11:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

The most likely reason is spyware.

The second most likely is cookies expiring too quickly or not being
accepted correctly.

The third most likely is an ill-configured webcache server on the
network. Some providers and schools have a webcache on their
boundaries that attempts to "speed up" network traffic into the
domain by caching the pages and intercepting the requests. LON-CAPA
sends out headers and expiration dates that should tell every well-
configured webcache server to NOT cache the pages, but some webcaches
are not well-configured.

- Gerd.