[LON-CAPA-admin] Permissions on /home

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Jan 10 02:54:12 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

Those permissions are the correct ones.

> I am pretty sure that author directories are implement using "sudo" - so
> root permissions should be fine.

The user mainpulation creation is done with some setuid perl scripts
in the /home/httpd/perl/  (lcuseradd and lchtmldir are for user
creation and the html dir creation)

We had some issues with some distributions in the past and their
support for setuid perl scripts, not actually getting the setuid bit
to take effect.
(Suse I believe) lond.log would possibly contain error messages.

guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137