[LON-CAPA-admin] Permissions on /home

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 9 17:59:10 EST 2008

Hi,

What should the permissions and ownership be on /home?

I just had a situation where I tried to create a new user and give it
author privileges. I'm not sure it gave me an error message, though I
admit I probably didn't look very closely.

I then find that it doesn't let me into a co-author role on that user. I
realized that it never created the directory for the user (physicslabs),
probably because /home is rwxr-xr-x  root root

If the permission should be different, should the install script check?
(Maybe it does and I again I missed it).

Later,
Mark