[LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora to CentOS?

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 2 09:28:33 EST 2008

Paul,

I went to Centos 5 last summer here at Ohio University. I always go the
route of keeping home intact and wiping the system. I keep a backup
of /etc to help in reconfiguring.

The Centos 5 instructions are nearly identical to the RedHat Enterprise
instructions with the exception of the yum.conf if I remember right.
Someone else may be able to respond to that (it's been a half year since
the installs and I'm not sure what might have changed on the LON-CAPA
install end).

As for the DVD issue, I just got done updating my desktop to FC8, but
don't have a DVD burner. I downloaded the minimal installer onto CD (it
can also use a memory stick) and then installed using http:. Once I
figured out exactly what path to provide for the http: it went very
smoothly.

Hope this helps,