[LON-CAPA-admin] Installation guide for Fedora 8 ...and CentOS?!?

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Fri Feb 8 12:53:45 EST 2008

Mark Lucas wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/centos/5/
>
> I jogged my memory, poked a bit and found this area.
>
> You'll find the install.tar and yum.conf for Centos here!
>
> I seem to remember these were the only two differences between the RHEL 5 instructions
> and the Centos 5 installation.
>
> Later,
> Mark

Nearly perfect! No reply meant everything fine...

The server is running without problems since some days now. It was only
hard to find the right configuration for the host name and the full
qualified name: After login the (short) host name remained in the URL
instead of the "long version" -> Already solved.

Thanks a lot, Mark!
Stefan