[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA version 2.6.2

Lars Jensen ljensen at tmcc.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:05:25 EST 2008

OK - it looks like the problem may be that I needed a full reboot after
the upgrade - apparently, it wasn't enough to stop/start loncontrol and
apache. After the ful reboot, I can now login again. (I think I may have
had this problem before, or a similar problem, and at that time it
turned out that I needed to clean out the perl/tmp directory).

Lars.

Lars Jensen wrote:

> [...]
>>> English.
>>> - LaTeX jobs stuck in a loop now timeout and cease to consume processor
>>> time.
>>> - When cloning a course, usernames set in course parameters (e.g.,
>>> recipients of messages about course policy, content etc.) are no longer
>>> copied to the new course.
>>> - Link/Button to access Construction Space now added to Main Menu/Remote
>>> Control for Assistant Co-authors.
>>> - A table of contents is available again in the PDF version of the
>>> Author Manual.
>>> Enhancements:
>>> - Practice problems are marked as "not graded" in a course's table of
>>> contents.
>>> - Solution of a practice problem results in a message that
>>> "submissions for
>>> practice problems are not preserved" instead of a receipt.
>>> - Resources can be printed with associated annotations made by the user.
>>> - The problem type (exam, survey or homework) can be specified when
>>> printing a problem in Construction Space.
>>> - Some localization updates.
>>> - Some German translations added or updated.
>>> To install this update:
>>> 1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 6, 7, or 8, RHEL (AS|ES) 4
>>> or 5,
>>> SUSE 9.3, 10.1, 10.2, or 10.3, SLES 9 or 10, CentOS 5, Scientific
>>> Linux 5
>>>   (Fedora Core 5 should continue to work but is deprecated.)
>>>
>>> 2) If necessary update to the current LONCAPA-prerequisites (1-10), and
>>> replace gnuplot_loncapa with gnuplot 4.2.  Note: if you already
>>> updated to
>>> 2.6.0 or 2.6.1, you will have already done this so you can skip this
>>> step.
>>> (a) Fedora
>>> For Fedora 5 and 6 you will need to import the LON-CAPA public key.  For
>>> Fedora 7 and 8, it is assumed that this occurred previously during
>>> the original installation.
>>> rpm --import
>>> http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa
>>> yum update --obsoletes
>>> (b) RedHat Enterprise 4
>>> up2date -u LONCAPA-prerequisites
>>> up2date -i gnuplot
>>> (c) Red Hat 5/Centos 5/Scientific Linux 5
>>> yum update --obsoletes
>>> (d) SuSE/SLES
>>> Use yast-> Installation Source to refresh the LON-CAPA repository
>>> Use yast->Software Management->Search to update LONCAPA-prerequisites
>>> version  1-10), install gnuplot and delete gnuplot_loncapa.
>>> On all distributions, it is recommended that you check that you have the
>>> correct versions of LONCAPA-prequisites and gnuplot installed before
>>> proceeding.
>>> rpm -q LONCAPA-prerequisites
>>> rpm -q gnuplot
>>> should report:
>>> LONCAPA-prerequisites-1-10.X
>>> gnuplot-4.2.0.X
>>> (where X is a distro identifier e.g., fc7.lc)
>>>
>>> 3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from

>>> 2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
>>> http://bugs.lon-capa.org