[LON-CAPA-admin] Momentary Panic - Authen/Captcha.pm?

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Aug 15 17:08:40 EDT 2008

Mark,

perl-Authen-Captcha is an rpm in the repository for CentOS 5 on
install.loncapa.org.

To make use of this repository you should have the following in /etc/yum.conf

[loncapa-updates-basearch]
name=Centos $releasever LON-CAPA $basearch Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/centos/loncapa/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

[loncapa-updates-noarch]
name=Centos $releasever LON-CAPA noarch Updates
baseurl=http://install.loncapa.org/centos/loncapa/$releasever/noarch
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

and have previously imported the corresponding key

rpm --import http://install.loncapa.org/versions/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-loncapa

If Apache would not start after updating to 2.6.99.1 that suggests a
yum update to LONCAPA-prerequisites 1-12 either did not occur or
failed to complete, as the rpm contains the perl-Authen-Captcha
dependency and should have installed it for you.

What is reported by:

rpm -q LONCAPA-prerequisites

Any difference in distro/arch between the access servers and the
library servers?

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group