[LON-CAPA-admin] CentOS 5 perl problem

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Aug 14 06:01:07 EDT 2008

Todd,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been without access to e-mail
for a few days.

I've now added perl-Error-0.17014-1.0.centos5.lc.noarch.rpm to the
centos5 repository on install.loncapa.org

The equivalent package was available in the RHEL5 and Scientific Linux
5 repos on install.loncapa.org, but apparently was overlooked when
copying rpms from the centos5 build environment- sorry about that.

yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

should no longer report the missing dependency on perl-Error.

As RHEL5, Centos 5 and Scientific Linux 5 share the same base source
rpms, rpms  from any one of the three repositories on
install.loncapa.org should work with the other two distros should a
particular package have been overlooked in one of them.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group