[LON-CAPA-admin] How to add DC role to existing user?

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Apr 15 18:11:40 EDT 2008

Todd,

If you have command line access to the server, as root, you can add a
DC privilege for a domain hosted on your server by running the
following script:

perl add_domain_coordinator_privilege.pl [USERNAME:DOMAIN] [DCDOMAIN]

The first argument specifies the username:domain of the existing user.
The second argument specifies the domain to be coordinated (i.e., csm).

This script will be found in the same directory as the
make_domain_coordinator.pl script.

(i.e., in the loncom/build directory from where you installed the
version of LON-CAPA currently in use).

make_domain_coordinator.pl will fail if (a) the user already has a
unix account, or (b) the username is already in use for an existing
LON-CAPA user in the domain.  So, in your situation it will fail
because of (b).

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group