[LON-CAPA-admin] Scantron grading problems

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Thu Apr 10 13:31:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

We're having some problems running some Scantron exams with version
2.6.2.  At some point while uploading the scantron file the first time,
LON-CAPA spit out a long error report (I can send it on individually if
people are interested).  Apparently it did this without
notification to the instructor.  Additionally, at some time during the
initial upload, the client machine got rebooted.

A second attempt to upload scores resulted in no apparent errors.
However, when looking at the exam statistics, after about question #15,
the number of responses quickly diminishes, and LON-CAPA reports no
students out of 493 got the last question (#22) correct.  In looking at
the raw scantron file, the statistics on these last problems are not
correct.

So the question:  It appears that something probably has gotten
corrupted, but what?  Is it possible to relatively easily wipe out all
grading information for this exam and start over?  In the exam all
problems have 5 responses except #14 and #15, which have only 4

I should also point out that an exam in a different course was graded
with no apparent problems the same day.

Help!

Thanks in advance,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326