[LON-CAPA-admin] caching of id -> failed

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Sep 4 15:48:50 EDT 2007

Hi Hon-Kie,

> The lonnet.log file seems to be filled with the caching of id failed
> message - it is about 300 MB in size. There are also a lot of

Is it still confined to this one user?

(I have tried recreating this here and haven't been able to.)

> Userfile repcopy failed for
> uploaded/fsu/54412611fd3c9469bfsul1/default_1155048274.sequence.meta
> messages. (As you mentioned before, this is not a real error message.)
>
> Is all this writing to disk affecting the server performance. If so,
> is there some way to turn them off?

No this is unlikely to be affecting server performance in an really
noticable scope.

However, the inability to cache the data is likely to affect
performance in a noticable way.

guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137