[LON-CAPA-admin] Runaway memory?

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 25 14:34:09 EDT 2007

Guy,

I haven't really had a chance to identify if it's just one process or
the collection.

I'm looking at capa8 right now and I have three children above 180Mb
(183-221). The rest are around 29-48.

Could an upload of a large file (say a technical report at 20Mb)
permanently bloat an httpd child?

I know I could tune the number of hits before a child is reloaded. Is
there a way to trim a child out when it gets too big (say over 100Mb)?

Later,
Mark