[LON-CAPA-admin] Runaway memory?

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 24 14:20:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

Has anyone had any runaway memory events on their access servers?

The out of memory killer killed my processes running on one of our
access servers during a moderately high load time. I'm running a
reasonably up to date CENTOS 5 version (the latest kernel update has not
yet been installed).

This may be concurrent with students trying to upload large files for a
lab report.

The memory started spiking about an hour before the crash. I began
getting lowmem_reserve errors on the console.

Any advice is welcome!

Mark

Mark Lucas                                      email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab                             phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701