[LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora7 install: make build failed

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Thu Nov 29 03:27:21 EST 2007

Hi Guy,

> > > You have not successfully installed LONCAPA-prerequisites
> > > on this machine.
> > >
> > > Do so and then this will work. (HTML/TokeParser.pm is in a lon-
> capa> > built RPM that LONCAPA-prerequisites depends on.)
> > >
> > > Also have you followed the rest of the install instructions?
> (Since I
> > > don't think the install.pl in the installation tarball is
> functional> > if you haven't pulled in all of LONCAPA-prerequisites).
> > >
> > > --
> > > guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137
> >
> > Hm... ???
> >
> > yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
> > Setting up Install Process
> > Parsing package install arguments
> > Package LONCAPA-prerequisites - 1-9.fc7.i386 is already installed.
> > Package LONCAPA-prerequisites - 1-9.1.fc7.x86_64 is already
> installed.
>
> Ugh.
>
> Installing both 32bit and 64bit rpms at the same time on a 64bit
> machine is untested and unsupporter.

I never did explicitly. Tell me how I could and I won't do :-)

> Please pick to run this machine in either 32bit or 64bit mode and only
> install the rpms for that.
>
> I suggest restarting this machines install from scratch and picking
> 64bit and only 64bit.

That's what we have actually already done. I was wondering, too. I don't
know how it could happen to have a mixture of 32bit and 64bit. We took a
Fedora7 64bit installation DVD, installed the server from scratch and
followed the online installation guide for LON-CAPA.

> For my own interest I'm curious what these commands say:
>
> rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser
Das Paket perl-HTML-Parser ist nicht installiert
(=> The package perl-HTML-Parser is not installed)

> rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser_loncapa
perl-HTML-Parser_loncapa-3.56-1.0.fc7.lc

> locate TokeParse.pm
#

Stefan