[LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora7 install: make build failed

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Nov 28 16:54:50 EST 2007

Hi Stefan,

> > > Can't locate HTML/TokeParser.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> >
> > You have not successfully installed LONCAPA-prerequisites
> > on this machine.
> >
> > Do so and then this will work. (HTML/TokeParser.pm is in a lon-capa
> > built RPM that LONCAPA-prerequisites depends on.)
> >
> > Also have you followed the rest of the install instructions? (Since I
> > don't think the install.pl in the installation tarball is functional
> > if you haven't pulled in all of LONCAPA-prerequisites).
> >
> > --
> > guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-6-27,137
>
> Hm... ???
>
> yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Package LONCAPA-prerequisites - 1-9.fc7.i386 is already installed.
> Package LONCAPA-prerequisites - 1-9.1.fc7.x86_64 is already installed.

Ugh.

Installing both 32bit and 64bit rpms at the same time on a 64bit
machine is untested and unsupporter.

Please pick to run this machine in either 32bit or 64bit mode and only
install the rpms for that.

I suggest restarting this machines install from scratch and picking
64bit and only 64bit.

For my own interest I'm curious what these commands say:

rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser
rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser_loncapa
locate TokeParse.pm

--