[LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora7 install: make build failed

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Nov 27 13:46:24 EST 2007

Stefan,

That error indicates that there is no "all" target in the generated
Makefile.build file.

This file is created by:
make Makefile.build pod2html.sh pod2man.sh

which is included in the shipped Makefile ( /loncom/build/Makefile), and is
run when you do "make build".

Some things to check:
1. Within loncom/build, see what output you get from:
perl ./distprobe
2. Check that ../../doc/loncapafiles/loncapafiles.lpml exists
3. Run the command to generate Makefile.build directly.
The actual command which generates the Makefile.build (running within
loncom/build) is:

cat ../../doc/loncapafiles/loncapafiles.lpml | perl lpml_parse.pl build
"development" `perl ./distprobe` ".by ./.." """"  > Makefile.build

(all on one line).

4. Confirm that you have free disk space available where you are doing the
build.

5. Some expected file sizes (paths relative to loncom/build):

210937 ../../doc/loncapafiles/loncapafiles.lpml
56922  lpml_parse.pl
39325  Makefile
110451 Makefile.build

Stuart Raeburn