[LON-CAPA-admin] Authentication: more than one LDAP server?

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Tue Jul 31 12:20:10 EDT 2007

H. K. Ng wrote:
> As far as I know, there is no attribute to specify which server to
> use for a user.

Hm, what about the argument in the Login data: "Local Authentication
with argument [...]"? Maybe the content is passed to localauth which can
decide which LDAP server should be used?

> Having said that, one could modify the localauth
> module so that a user is passed to different ldap servers until one
> of them says the user is valid.

We don't intend to let LON-CAPA check all the available LDAP servers for
one user. We want to build a connection between the user and his/her
LDAP server which is the only valid server that should be connected.
Anyway, this could be an option ("better than nothing").

Thanks.

Stefan Bisitz