[LON-CAPA-admin] View Student Activity

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:31:44 EST 2007

Hi,

Periodically we get the following: "I just realized that I don't have
credit for any of the timed quizzes that I've taken." Our guess is that
these people are forgetting to hit "submit answer" before they move on to
the next question.

The natural place for me to gravitate towards is the "view activity"
function. This leads me to another problem. On capa2 this function seems
to work spottily at best. I realize that the process takes a while, but I
think I need to understand this process a bit better.

* What information in general is stored in what file for the student?

* Is mysql involved at all? How is the query processed? A separate process
from the Apache child?

* What are 'typical' times for queries? 10s of seconds? Multiple minutes?

* Should one reload the page or click "View more activity by this
student" to access more information?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701