[LON-CAPA-admin] Odd User Management

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Thu Aug 30 08:58:27 EDT 2007

> The User Management behaves quite odd.
>
> Aim:
> User ABC with home server domain "nds" is an author and wants to grant
> the role "Co-Author" to a user on the server with domain "fhwf".

> [...]

> - Login as user ABC on nds (no other role than Author is granted to
> thisuser)
> - "Create a user or modify the roles and privileges of a user"
> - "username" "contains" "bisitz" "in institutional directory"
> - "Domain/institution to search:" -> "fhwf"
> - Click "Search"

> [...]

> 7) How is it finally possible to grant "Co-Author" privileges to a
> user on another domain?

Uh, "in this domain" does NOT mean my home server's domain but the
domain which is selected in the drop down box below! With the select "in
this domain" and "nds" I can find the user and grant the privileges.

H. K. Ng wrote:
> Institutional directory works if you have customized the
> localenroll.pm module to search the data base of your institution. It
> is a new feature available from 2.5. If bisitz is already a loncapa
> user, then searching in the domain will find the user.

This seems to be the reason why I cannot find the user with the
selection "in institutional directory". Thanks for this hint.
I thought that this selection will search both, instituational and
domain directory. "Institution" and "Institutional Directory" are not
such connected as I have originally thought.

Hopefully we will find answers to the rest of the questions, too.

Stefan Bisitz