[LON-CAPA-admin] Issues with creating user "name at domain.de"

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Wed Aug 22 11:16:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

I tried to create a new user (author, internally authenticated) but
there is no work possible for this user. After creating the new user
"abc at fh-oow.de", the command shell shows the following messages:
(I changed the real user into abc but it contains only alphabetic
characters)

----------------
Checking uid...
Disable root: id = 500
Checking parameters:
Directory = /home/abc at fh-oow.de
User      = abc at fh-oow.de
Authmode  = internal:
Username word match flag = 1
Match value = abc at fh-oow.de
Save username = abc at fh-oow.de
Directory /home/abc at fh-oow.de is not a valid home for abc at fh-oow.de
----------------

I can confirm that there is no home directory for this user.
I remember that it is allowed to have "@" within a username since some
LON-CAPA versions now. It's the first time I tried this.

Login with this user is possible, but the screen shows:

----------------
You are already logged in
Please either continue the current session or logout

A Click on both links, "continue the current session" and "logout"
doesn't help.

To become future compatible (keyword "shibboleth") we would like to
create users with account names like "name at domain.de". And those users
should also be allowed to be authors, of course.

What's wrong or missing?

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz