[LON-CAPA-admin] secure login to LON-CAPA using LDAP

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Tue Sep 19 05:55:54 EDT 2006

Hi, LDAP and security experts,

We need user login with https, otherwise our network crew will not allow
LDAP authentication. We do not want to send uncrypted passwords over the
network. And I think noone really wants this ;-)

Best solution, I was told, is to run whole LON-CAPA under https. At
least, changing the user login to https is a must.

Gerd already told me some time ago that port 80 on the LON-CAPA server
is needed to be open to have connection to the LON-CAPA-network.

What changes in the server configuration are neccessary to allow only
secure connections to the LON-CAPA server?

Thanks,

Stefan Bisitz