[LON-CAPA-admin] New Domains on Multi-domain Machine

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Sat Sep 16 08:57:26 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a multi-domain machine with several high schools.

When I add a domain, I obviously should have the domain registered in the
domain.tab and the hosts.tab, but this takes awhile to propagate through.

If a domain has the updated tables, I can interact fully with this domain:
* I can see any resources anyone would be permitted to see, I can log in
through their servers, ...

If a domain has NOT update the tables, I have verified that I cannot log
in, but it still seems I can see their resources, presumably because other
domains on this same machines are already registered and thus trusted.

The $64,000 question - what will and will not work is the domain is not
yet in the remote machines domain table? Can I use resources without any
problem? Or will it show them but choke if I try to use them through this
other domain? I presume educog has similar issues.

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701