[LON-CAPA-admin] Problems with versions

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Mon Sep 11 08:04:32 EDT 2006

Guy and whoever else might have insights:

I have a collection of problems which are defaulting to an earlier
version. For example, inserted in DOCS is

/res/ohiou/tipler/ch11/tipler11-061.problem

I've checked, and that is the exact syntax in the docs sequence.

The system insists on pointing to tipler11-061.3.problem.

I presume this is because the current version is mucked up somehow, either
in the metadata or the database.

The files which are behaving this way were published since last December.

One of the things that happened is I removed the unix users for a number
of accounts where this was considered no longer necessary. For example,
tipler was removed. I didn't think I had done this back that long ago,
though. In part this was a response to security concerns and the desire to
have as few user logins as feasible on the system.

Any idea what might be mucked up?

Under /adm/test, the ids and most of the variables point to 11-061. src
points to tipler11-061.3.problem

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701